Monday, January 25, 2010

My first real ex-job...

I had a fun time meeting up with my ex-colleagues from the place I used work in, Kumon. Although I tried to ask a lot of people to go, in the end, only three of us were there... lol


My colleagues look all the same, even after 2 full years of not seeing them, or at least one of them I haven seen her for a long time, the longest auntie I have known, who still works in Kumon.


We went to Sembawang Shopping Centre, the place where we first met. That was the place where the Kumon I work in first started, and its the place where we had all our fun and laughter. But a few years back, they wanted to renovate the place, so we had to move to another location, which was nearer to the MRT station, but still we missed the old place.


After renovating for a few years, the shopping centre has finally reopened. So we went there to have a look, to see what has changed, and what remains the same. We also had our lunch there. During lunch, we talked about everything. Keep up to date about what each of us are doing now, how is my ex-boss and her company doing, how the kids in Kumon are doing, and how my other ex-colleagues are doing.


From my colleague, found out that my ex-boss is doing great! Had a LOT more students, which explains the fat bonus that my ex-colleague got.... LOL

But too much students, and too little teachers, poor ex-colleague don't even have the time to time for dinner. Can you imagine having bread for breakfast, and dinner? Omg, if I were her, I'll sure go out and eat, but then again, she's not me, and she cant possibly go and eat, while leaving the kids inside the centre on their own... Oh well...


I really wanted to go back and work there, but I know I cant... Its too far and the poor isn't enough to cover my expenses. So I guess I'll have to pass.... Who knows, I may go back and work some day. But till then, I just stick to this job first...

No comments: