Saturday, January 23, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic

After watching confessions of a shopaholic a few months back, I must say I do empathize with the actress's impulsive behavior to shop. I was very unfortunate to have this kinda experience a few days ago as I was shopping new clothes for Chinese New Year. In case you are not a Chinese, usually around Chinese New Year, we will buy new clothes to wear on that day, thus this traditions carried on till now.

Last Saturday, I went to Singapore Institute of Management(SIM) to register myself to two of the courses there. Hopefully, I will get selected for both of them, so that I can choose from the both of them later. But if I'm accepted to both, I think I will have a dilemma. *sigh*

Anyway, after I registered, I went to Bugis with my friend, to shop. First stop, we went to Illuma, which is just opposite Bugis Junction, as my friend wants to go there and buy herself a cell phone casing for her HTC Hero. I don't understand why she bothers to buy a casing only after using it for a few months, in which the shell of her cell phone is already full of scratches, and she dropped her phone a couple of times! But being a good friend, I did not voice out what I was thinking at that time, oh well, better late then never, or so they say...

Oh and we came across a sales event in the middle of the mall, whereby there were some graphic tees that were sold for ten bucks each! I saw that price, could not resist, and went and bought two tees! That, was the first of my many purchases, or rather, the start of my horrific but satisfying shopping spree.

Next, we went to Bugis Market, which was kinda like a night market, except that its operating in the day. I'm telling you, the place was jam packed with a lot of people, its like a can full of chopsticks, without any room to walk. I just don't understand how people(girls) can shop in this kinda situation, to which my friend shot me a 'duh' look, and told me shopping is like this... LOL
We saw many nice tees and pants but I was hesitating in buying them because I knew that the quality of the material of the pants and tees here are not that good, I knew because I've bought them before, and they tore easily. Nevertheless, my friend still managed to get the extremely short shorts that she was looking for, and myself, another tee which has really nice material and color... lol, who am I to kid, and here I go again, another purchase.

After that, we walk all the way from Bugis, to Orchard Road, because I have some things that I want to have a look there. Went to Somerset@313, got myself another short pants and a hooded shirt. I dunno why, but I really really like hooded clothes! Haha, I dun understand why, but I like the way those hoods dangling behind my neck, makes me look really cool and street smart. Too bad I cant pull the hood over my head in S'pore, because, seriously, I dun think anyone will do that in S'pore anyway. But still, I like hooded clothes and I'm sure I'll continue to buy more of them, haha, because someday, I know that I will get to use it! Last stop was at Uniqlo, where i bought myself three pants and some under clothes. I'm so stupid to go and alter my pants without first trying it on, ask them to measure, then alter according to the measurement. Nooo, I have to be all smart alex, ask them to alter it for me, by just giving them the length that I want. In the end, it was shorter than what I would like, but still, its wearable. Just that it might make me look like a hobbit, have you seen the pants of the hobbits in Lord of The Ring? You get what I mean...

So after all these shopping/ guilty pleasures/ burning a gigantic hole in my wallet/ whateva you wanna call it, my friend and I went to this mini fast food restaurant to have our dinner cum supper. It was very late, we were very hungry, and the restaurant was almost closing. There is one thing that I would like to complain, and that is the service standard of Frolick in Cathy Cineleisure. The attitude of the counter crew lady was really bad, she was very very rude to my friend and I. As I was given a card from Topman to have a free yogurt ice cream from them, I decide to get it there. My friend did not have the card, but still she purchased one. After she purchase hers, I asked the lady if I can have my free ice cream, the counter crew said, "can you wait?" in a very rude tone, and asked my friend, "are you paying for this?", pointing to the cup of ice cream which my friend had ordered. What kinda attitude was that, right? I mean if you want me to wait, I can wait, but I don't think you have to give me this kinda attitude right? And my friend ordered hers without showing the card, so obviously she's paying right? I'm so offended by her attitude, I'm not gonna buy ice cream from Frolick ever again, or at least not in Cathy Cineleisure, or if the B*IT*H is there.

And another very annoying person, is my sister. But I think I've already given up on her attitude and habit, so I'm not gonna write the incident here. Who knows, maybe next time...

All these was only on Saturday, wait till you hear what I bought on Sunday...

Till then... see ya!

No comments: